Sunday, December 16, 2007

Yes! We Are Here!

I havent forgotten about this blog...just hanging on to every healthy breath. This Mama had been taken out of commission for a week with the flu...and it has taken another week to get on my feet...only to be stung with a head cold. And yes...I have been taking my vitamins. I must have bad luck, and not enough sleep!
Things at the new house are humming along. Much of the tuckpointing has begun. I was going to take a picture of the house with the new fallen snow...but there arent any front steps right now! They are working on resetting them, and securing the porch. All of the materials have been ordered and we are watching things become "demolished" as stated in contractor speak. Which means when you walk inside one day...there might not be a toilet where you remembered one. They predict that we can move in around March 1st. I sure hope so..but then again...I have a lot to do until then!
On the other homefront, we had visitors for Maren's birthday, and she held a lead role in the Christmas play and did wonderful. Another actress amongst us..who knew! Ben and Nick have been busy with their basketball teams...and have been learning a lot about teamwork and losing with grace. Caila has been practicing like crazy for a statewide cheer competiton, and although they had an amazing performance, the judges were rather harsh and they didnt do as well as they had hoped. She begins volleyball practices for their season which begins in January, so she should be busy right up until the end of the school year.
Tom and I have resorted to a taxi service...well not entirely but we have thought about it. It a lot of driving around trying to keep up with thier schedules. I will post more later!
Rhonda

No comments: