Sunday, March 22, 2009

Home

Wow..we made it home.  It really does feel like being on the other side of the world when you have to come home.  I realize now that we were gone so long that it started to become normal being there, because it feels strange being home.  Even been away so long that happened to you?  I am SO glad that when I walk out of the door no one was looking at me and starring!  It is also good to be able to drink water out of the faucet,  get what I need at the grocery store without having to guess at the picture on the outside, and know that the money in my wallet will be the right kind!  Its also good to sleep in my soft bed...I wasn't the only woman on the trip who complained of feeling like her hips were bruised....God bless Chinese women...I cant imagine how anyone gets used to sleeping on plywood.  That is just one of many ways that the Chinese have no idea what they are missing.  I was sent a link to a YouTube video while we were in China of Il Divo singing Amazing Grace at the Coliseum in Rome and it was blocked in China or "Unavailable in this country" is the way it was displayed,  and it made me realize that in many ways we don't know how much of Christianity and exposure to the truth is kept from the people of China.  I value my freedom now in ways I never could have before.
John 8:32  "For you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"

No comments: